There are just a few requirements for this workshop. Please test you have the following tools working at the version numbers suggested (or greater):
- Java runtime environment (JRE) version 1.8 - test with
java -versionin a command line window
- Leiningen version 2.6 - test with
lein versionin a command line window
- A Clojure aware editor with REPL support, either:
- A Git client version 2.7.x (optional - to download code examples)
- A Github account - to fork the code examples & submit pull requests (optional)
Setting up your enviornment
See the section on Clojure Development Environments for details on how to set these tools up.
You may notice that there is no actual Clojure installation. Clojure is a library that is added to the project, just like any other dependency (ie. in Maven, Gradle, etc).
The Clojure library is very small and Leiningen caches it and oll other libraries locally in the same folder structure that Maven uses, eg