Spacemacs provides highly productive tooling for any software development, supporting numerous languages and common development tools. Spacemacs takes the raw power of Emacs and adds years of experience from the community. Spacemacs also provides Vim modal editing, providing simple keybindings for common tasks and dramatically enhancing productivity (and fun).
Spacemacs is fast to startup and lightweight thanks to its lazy loading of features. So it only loads in those features you need.
The rest of this section goes into more details as to why you would choose Spacemacs for your developer life, including:
- easy to use configuration using layers (rather than configuring individual packages)
- Easily discover commands with mnemonic menu
- Helm narrowing & completion
- Simplifying keybindings with multiple states
- Structured editing with Smartparens and Lisp mode
- Fast project & file management with Projectile, simple window & buffer management too