Spacemacs Clojure Layer Overview
The Clojure layer provides full language support and tooling including, autocomplete, refactor, inspector and debug, etc.
CIDER is part of the Clojure layer
Features of the Clojure layer
CIDER provides a comprehensive range of tools to create quality Clojure code.
Start a REPL (Clojure runtime environment) from Spacemacs and evaluate one or more expressions to see the results in the source code buffer, giving extremely fast feedback on the behavior of that code.
- inline error and warning highlighting, supporting joker and clj-kondo linters
- human-friendly stack traces
- smart code completion - auto-complete-mode
- definition & documentation lookup
- value inspector & function tracing
- interactive macroexpansion
- Run tests and generate reports - with
- classpath & namespace browser
- nREPL session management
- integration with company-mode
Add animated gifs or video of main features
Some further reading around CIDER: