Clojure Layer Overview
The Clojure layer provides and full language support and tooling including, autocomplete, refactor, inspector and debugger, etc.
CIDER is part of the Clojure layer
The Clojure layer is a collection of Emacs packages and curated configuration to ensure those packages work well together in Spacemacs. The biggest part of the Clojure layer is the CIDER package. Opening a Clojure file or adding the Clojure layer to Spacemacs will install the latest version of CIDER.
Features of the Clojure layer
Tidy up this section
CIDER provides a comprehensive range of tools to create quality Clojure code.
Starting a REPL (Clojure runtime environment) from Spacemacs allows you to evaluate one or more expressions and see the results in your code buffer, giving extremely fast feedback on the behaviour of your code. You also have a separate REPL buffer that will evaluate expressions.
Add animated gifs or video of main features
- inline error and warning highlighting
- human-friendly stack traces
- smart code completion - auto-complete-mode
- definition & documentation lookup, including Grimoire integration
- value inspector & function tracing
- interactive macroexpansion
- Run tests and generate reports - with
- classpath & namespace browser
- nREPL session management
- integration with company-mode
Some further reading around CIDER: